*Data shows that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently do not apply to a job because they do not feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory, comprehensive list. If you meet some of the experience and desired qualifications, and you share OTC’s values and support our mission, we encourage you to apply. Candidates from underrepresented racial or ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we are invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.*
Oceanside Theater Company
Part-Time Hourly / Variable
The House Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the theatre lobby and audience seating area before, during, and after the run of a show or event at the Brooks Theatre and Studio 219.
- Supervises volunteer workers such as ushers, greeters, concessions workers, etc.
- Trains and supervises ushers, greeters and concessions workers.
- Coordinates lobby/house opening times on show nights with Box Office Manager and Stage Manager.
- Turns on lights and HVAC units in lobby and back stage.
- Restocks and cleans concessions and storage area before and after every show, including
refrigerators, coffee makers, microwave and dishes/plates.
- Restocks and cleans restrooms before, during and after shows and rental events.
- Cleans house area and lobby before opening and closing, including picking up trash and vacuuming.
- Oversees putting programs together and ensuring adequate quantity for each show.
- Oversees cash and credit card transactions at concessions.
- Responsible for the safety of the audience in case of emergency.
- Enforces safety policies and procedures in house and lobby.
- Works with Box Office Manager to resolve ticket disputes or seating assignments.
- Confirms show time with the Stage Manager and alerts Stage Manager of any delays, or latecomers.
- Takes out trash before and after every show from lobby, restrooms, and dressing rooms.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to function well in a sometimes-stressful environment.
- Ability to exercise diplomacy, discretion and good judgment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma; Bachelors degree in Theatre Arts preferred.
- 2-3 years related experience preferred.
- Must be able to stand for 1-2 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Managing Director, Alex Goodman at:
Oceanside Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer and seeks workforce diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.